1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Suppliers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rich Graz, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Ive been buying most of my salt from International Salt they have a port that they deliver somewhere in the South Jersey/ Philly area. The thing I like about them is they give you 30days net to flip the bill, but last season or I guess mid January they were so backed up that I was buying from local vendors that sold at a very high premium. I was looking for other direct suppliers that were near me at a reasonable rate with 30 days net. I want to fill out the credit app now so when it's time for delivery I'm already approved. I also heard there were some companies that use a port very close to me in Newark, NJ.

I buy bulk and bagged product products

Any suggestions?

2. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

come on guys I can't get any replies, really

3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

It's been 2 days...in July. It'll pick up. IDK of any reputable suppliers out there...I do know of a lot of "brokers" who are more a PITA than they're worth. Does that help?

:mechanic:

4. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

yea your right, its still pretty early

Thanks

5. warrennj

warrennj Junior Member

Call Mark at One Source Landscape Supply, RT15 in Wharton, NJ.(across from the Natl Guard Amory).
    They are big players in the salt supply biz.
    Tell him Warren from General refered you.
    Good Luck!

6. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Will do, Thanks

7. MK-X

MK-X Junior Member

what happened to roofing sales?

8. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

Wow your that close to me that you know who roofing sales are, were talking about East Rutherford , right ? I had them buy me a truckload last year (18 pallets) before i had credit with International salt but they are selling International salts products so they are the middle man. Plus they don't stock the product, so if your in a jamb for some product you have to wait. Reality is Gary and Paul are just tapping some margin on it, it only makes sense to deal direct if you buy in large quantity.

9. MK-X

MK-X Junior Member

dude, we spoke probably 100 times over the winter. i told you i would hook you up with my supplier, but theyre c.o.d. however they are super local to us, 24/7 so you dont need truckloads on hand.

10. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

MK-X PM sent

11. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

If you are looking for Full Trucks of Bulk Rock Salt, I can get you a price out of Pt. Newark. You also have the Mines upstate and a bagging operation in Northern Jersey for full truckloads of bagged product.

12. KingRanchCop

KingRanchCop Junior Member

hey MK-X and SCHOENBERG SALT, can yu guys email me (mwengrin@verizon.net) or give me a contact for you. I need a Bergen County salt supplier ASAP bagged and bulk port NWK or wherever. thanks

PS...I cant send PMs yet

13. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

800-221-5105. Ask for Matt or Keith.

14. KingRanchCop

KingRanchCop Junior Member

Thx. Ill call in the AM

15. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

We could give you terms on salt-we regularly go to nyc and I will have to check on NJ weight permits to get you an exact price. You can call 774-244-1062 or email thesnowman@thenaturallandscape.com