1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt suppliers-Ontario

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Winterworks, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

To the Ontario companies...where do you buy your bulk salt (and bagged salt for that matter) and if you don't mind what do you pay for it?? Thanks for the help, just looking for the best price. I asked this on the SIMA site but received no reponse.
    Pat

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can buy direct from windsor,sifto,canadian salt,etc,but you have to stock it,and unless you order 40 tons at a time,the delivery will kill you.Our local suppliers vary from $54.00 CDN to 90.00 CDN (jacked up price due to shortage).Usually you can get it just about anywhere,anytime for avg of $65.00 a ton.Bagged is usually 4.00-6.00 for a 40KG bag depending on quantity,with the $4.00 based on a min 2 skid order.

3. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks Wyldman,
    I called Candian Salt. around $57-60 per ton, 35 ton minimum shipment. Now I just have to figure how much I will need for next year as we are preparing quotes and I wanted to know some prices beforehand. Thanks,,,
    Pat