1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Suppliers in MD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1BadHawk, Jan 2, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Looking for salt suppliers in the Glen Burnie MD area. Other then Lesco.

2. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Is Frederick to far? alot of suppliers here. I don't know what prices you pay,
    but I get Halite for about $4.75 80#bag: 50# $3.75

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Bowens in annapolis , harting and son in linthicum , agg trans in severn aa county farmer co op in G len burnie

4. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

Mickman what part of fred are you in? Are you getting sick yet with all this warm weather?

5. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Hey Matt! Whats up? I took that motor in to GB Alternator. 80 bucks and the guy fixed er up like new. Built a swing mount for the back of the truck, and mounted it all. Works great now. Thanks bud.

If you dont mind, send me your email. In case i have any questions for ya. Youve given me a lot good info which I know is gonna pay off whenever it does decide to snow.

weiss910@comcast.net

6. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Salt supplier in MD

Harvey Salt Co. 410-391-9100 ask for Jerry. They supply bulk and bagged.
    Their bagged product is located on Mohrs La. out Rt40 past Golden Ring Mall. Bulk is located just off 95 thru the Fort McHenry Tunnel. I have dealt with them for 15 years. A good company to deal with.

7. GreatBigTuna

GreatBigTuna Member

Another supplier you might want to look at is AggTrans (a.k.a. the Stone Store) over on the corner of Dorsey and Telegraph Rd. They sell bagged and bulk. I found that the bulk is a little more expensive than Harvey, but the bagged material is competitive. 1-800-TOPSOIL is their number.

Also, Hartings in Lansdowne, on Hammonds Ferry Rd. has some nice prices on bagged material if you plan on buying 6 pallets or more. They beat Harvey and AggTrans by $1.70 a bag for flake mag, but you have to take 6+ pallets to get that price. I don't have their number handy, but you should be able to find them in the phone book.

Good luck!

8. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

How much do you guys pay for bulk salt?

9. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Bulk Salt

It all depends how much you usually purchase per year. Current prices are about 49.55 per ton picked up. I usually buy 300-500 ton per season

10. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

49.55 per ton?? I am paying $90.00 per ton. I guess I will have to look around for someplace cheaper.

11. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I'm in Walkersville. 3 plow trucks all dressed up, & nowhere to go.
    I wish it wasn't January, or we would start edging & mulching...lol