1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Storage

Discussion in 'SaltBin/ASI Management' started by BlackIrish, Oct 12, 2008.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

My current salt shack is full with 70 yds. I need to store another 200yd. The cheapest option would be to tarp it. The best would be poured slab and walls with a coverall say 26x40.payup
    Other options are mafia blocks with a used 26x40 coverall, or 2 used steel 40ft shipping containers set 25 ft apart with either a wood truss roof or the used coverall again. Both containers could then be used for storage of equipment or salt.
    Worried that equipment stored inside shipping container would rust more due salt other side of steel wall? Opinions
    Any pics of similar setups would be appreciated.
  2. speedy

speedy Senior Member

No worries about more rust, unless the machine has salt and water on it, it won't rust. In fact, the salt will likely act as a desicant for the local air.

seems like the best option, at least you gain the storage volume too.
  3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

what is the size of your setup for the 70 yards??? was wondering because thats what im having delivered this week. i have a 18x12 with the mafia blocks six feet tall. was wondering if this is enough or not?
  4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I measure 16' x 22' inside the blocks.