1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt storage??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by KINNCO, Mar 17, 2007.

KINNCO Senior Member

What is the best way to store left over bag salt until this winter???
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

How much do you have?
  3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ive got ten left now and have them sittin on a pallet in the back of my gerage...i duno how good that is but it is working
  4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

yea thats what i would say up off of the ground on a pallet.

KINNCO Senior Member

around 10 bags
  6. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder Junior Member

i got about a yard left of salt/sand that i bought in bulk. is there anyway of keeping that for next year or it isn;t worth to keep it? Thansk in advance.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have a nice sized garage and keep the bags on a pallet inside. Last year I had 55 bags over the summer/fall and had no problem of it getting hard.

One bag that had a corner tore that I missed taping was about 50% solid rock when I went to use it. Other then that all others were as if they were new. Nice and dry.

DAPLOWKING Junior Member
    from NJ

If I have any bags left over I give them to the older folks who bought my house from me. they have a water softner and go through about a 50 lb bag a month.:nod: