1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt storage

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 90plow, Sep 3, 2013.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Anyone have any interesting ways to store salt on site but off the blacktop. I have several small sites and some have decided to let me keep salt on site with my skid. The problem is the sites are small so parking is valuable i need something temporary that i can place off the blacktop in the woods area. I have an excavator so i can make a level pad but i dont know what to put on the bottom so dirt/gravel isnt in my salt.

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Storage containers!

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

shipping containers work great..

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Yea looking into them now. Matt from pa winter services just gave me a name. Anyone ever tried a 10 footer no room for a 20'

5. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

if your looking for something that short try a place the sells box trucks and see if they have any used ones that have they may have replaced for one reason or another, they should be cheaper than a 20 container too.