1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt storage bin

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by readysnowplow, Jul 14, 2014.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

Looking to locate a place to buy the concrete blocks used to make an outdoor salt storage bin. We're near chicago heights, illinois. anyone got any suggestions on where to buy them?

2. EPM

EPM Member

Be sure to check your trucking price on getting them to you also. Its starts adding up in a real hurry because most trucks will only haul about 15 blocks at a time.
    Check with your local redi-mix company's. Mafia blocks are usually just extra concrete in the truck when they get back to the yard that they spin off into forms.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try ogzinga down here I think there 20.00 or so a block. Maybe the price went up... Don't remember.

4. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Our 8 Axle Boom trailers haul 28 Full Block per load.....We charge anywhere from $25-$45 per block depending on how many you buy.....Trucking is $250 per load delivered local....Those Block are nothing but pure profit for the company.....

5. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

Thanks guys, Much appreciated. This works well for me. Great info

6. EPM

EPM Member

Wish i knew that a month ago. Hauled 200+ on a three axle lowboy.... 15 at a time.