1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jrmyj1, Nov 15, 2007.

1. jrmyj1

jrmyj1 Junior Member

i need to buy 2 spreaders and dont want to spend alot of cash on them because im new to the buis and have dropped alot so far. do i need to buy a big one or a small one. i have about 10 small retail lots that i need to spread. im just running rock through.

thanks for all the help. makes it alot easier when you have so much experince to pull from.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

find a nice hitch mount spreader for sale. you can go on craigslist and find something that will hold about 500 lbs of rock salt. there are some for sale on here also. you dont need a big one, you will just have to get out of the truck more often at 3am when it is 10 degrees out with a wind chill of -15 and fill her up. it will help you stay awake. good luck.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

where are you located at?
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have any idea how much salt you'll need/event?