1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt spreaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SteveR, Oct 6, 2004.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Any advice on Salt spreaders, Going to buy a new one this fall and looking at the diamond right now. I dont see the reason to spend almost a grand more for Fisher..Hopefully someone can help me out on the decision.
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I am not sure but a would think that the Diamond is the same as Meyer. If so I was disappointed in the exposed motor on the bottom. I still have 1 of these units and have problems with moisture getting into the motor (bearings, seals, and such). I have been very happy with the Snow-Ex units. Get them for about 800.00 and install them myself.....
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If you are looking for a tailgate spreader buy a snowex.I love the 1075 model that I have. I have not had a single problem with it. You can execpt to pay 1600.00 for a new one. They hold like 650 pounds of salt. I am selling mine to buy a bigger one,asking 1000.00. There is a ad in the used equiment section here online.

Regards Mike