1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sunrisegardenin, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sunrisegardenin

sunrisegardenin Junior Member

In the past I have used precision salt spreaders and earthway spreaders. The earthway would not hold more than 50 lbs of salt and then the axels went out. They were not a solid shaft. The precision always seems to wear around the spinner part and starts to wobble and eventually stops working completly. Any suggestions on a new spreader? It needs to hold 100 lbs.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

We use a couple Meyer Hotshot HD stainless push spreaders on higher volume areas. They work great, have grease zerks on the bearings, and the frames don't rust out as they're stainless. Snowex just came out with a new stainless spreader, and I believe saltdogg has one as well.

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

we handle a lot of differnt brands. But I think the Meyers has the best trans for a walk behind.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Push spreaders

We use snowex push spreaders. We have the drop spreaders and rotary spreaders and have had excellent results with both. They spread any size material very well and uniform.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic