1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader ???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by lawnkale, Dec 8, 2009.

1. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

for those that using replaement tailgate spreaders or undertail gate spreaders. Do you use vibrators on the bed of truck. I have a snoway 2400 replacement spreader that has a vibrator on the spreader but it seem to me it would work better mounted on bed?? please help...

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I got to use my new Snowex 2400 for the first time 2day. Worked better than expected, and the vibrator seemed to work perfectly fine attached to the spreader itself.

3. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

did you keep ur bed up as u drove around or did u lift it up just when needed?? i'm scared to keep bed up and bend cylinder but seems like if not every 10 minutes u have to raise bed??

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Both, to the 1rst question...... When I would leave a lot, I was making sure I slid the load back as best as possible(using the vibrator to assist in this), insuring that at the next lot I had a good amount of salt to spread before needing to lift the bed again. On the smaller lots I do, the bed wouldn't need raised if i had slid the load back before leaving the previous lot. I had some concerns about driving around with the bed up, but after doing it and feeling how the truck/bed/hoist handled it, I am much more at ease. As long as your not driving like a mad man its perfectly fine. The most salt I put down at 1 location was around 1.5 ton, & the smallest was about 200lbs.

5. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

thanks for all your advise. I love plow site to be able to pick peoples brain.