1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by scobie109, Dec 7, 2006.

1. scobie109

scobie109 Junior Member

i have a snoway salt spreader v box, with 8 horse briggs. after a while of running, it will stall and will not start unless the battery is jumped. what charges the battery on this thing i dont see any wires except for pos and grnd. any help. it has a new battery? let me know of any problems to look at. matt

2. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Charging

I believe these have a small generator in them. I have been told if you run lights from them it will not keep up. I run 1 spot from mine and have no problem.
    I would check voltage with a meter and see if it is charging at all.

3. LON

LON Senior Member

It is a small red wire that comes out from under the cover behind the gas tank. It'll have a white molex connector and there will be a diode inside a shrink tube near this connector. The wire leads down to the postive side of the solenoid.
    Lon