1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by RYDER, Oct 12, 2006.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

:redbounce I bought a 9CF SALT spreader a few weeks ago and I really like it. Should I install a vibrator unit in it?
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Are you planning on running bagged or bulk material through the spreader? With bagged material you should be fine without one. Bulk material if stored outside tends to absorb excessive moisture and may require a vibrator if it does not flow well. The chunk buster system that we include in our model will take care of the globs of salt that will not flow in other models available on the market.

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I love to "shake" salt (and sand in hopper type spreaders) . Flows better, faster and with a more even distribution, with it running there's fewer thin spots. I can run my hopper feed slower, because there is a steady feed to the system the material flow is not as sporadic.

My advice would be yes, regardless of material you will get a better feed. I've never heard anyone who added one regret having it.

Just my opinion :waving:
  4. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Thanks for the input.:salute:
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

how well does that spreader do with sand instead of salt, what style of hitch mount spreader can I use for salt or sand?
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I am not aware of a hitch mount spreader that will do sand.