1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Green Grass, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Looking to add a small hitch mounted tail gate spreader. It's a small lot and would like something that a guy could use easly by himself. hoping to just keep some bags in the back of the truck for him to use. Don't really want to buy another V box site is not large enough and this truck does driveways the rest of the time. Looking for what you guys have used and like or don't like and why. Would be nice if one person could remove driver takes this truck home.

2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

how big is the lot that needs salting, can it be done by walk behing spreader???

3. Green Grass

it could be but looking more for the chance to use it as we expand or if a V goes down.

4. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

i guess you answered your own question, i have not used that type of spreader in a long time... but i guess your question would be how big of one to get and what brand etc.

5. Brazytislawns

Brazytislawns Junior Member

I salted a lot with a push spreader last year, i think it was about 8 spaces and a drive. wasn't to bad but i'll be glad to get a real salt spreader this year:)

6. Green Grass

This lot is bigger then that around 40 spaces and a loading dock.

7. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I have a brand new western 2000 spreader for sale, mounts in the trucks receiver, comes with all the wiring, $900.00. Might be able to deliver part of the way if interested.

8. Brazytislawns

Brazytislawns Junior Member

Your definately in line for at least a tailgate!!

9. Green Grass

have some pictures??

10. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I have a picture in the for sale section, posted last week. My Dad lives in Peterson, MN and I have to take some equipment up to him, I could bring it along if you are interested.