1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by boston41, Apr 1, 2011.

1. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Hey whats up everybody, haven't been on here in a while. Seems like more and more people are using th new body style Tundras for plowing. Thinking of trading up and still want the new body style, but also wantto be able to throw a sander in the back. I checked a few companies and they have spreaders that will fit in the bed but don't want to overload the suspension. Does anyone use a v box spreader as opposed to a tailgate spreader? Any feed back would be great.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you put some sort of "helper spring" in the back I think you could put a Fisher Poly Caster in the bed.

3. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

I put super springs in the rear suspension in the Tundra that I have now and it does hold the truck nice and level. this maybe be a stupid question on my part but do you know how much weight 1 cu yd of sand salt mix weighs? I saw that snow ex makes two v box spreaders for half ton trucks and they look pretty sweet. Know anybody that uses one of those in a half ton?