1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt spreader specifically for bagged material

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tpendagast, Oct 29, 2012.

1. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

Many years ago (2004 I think) I saw a then, "new" product with was a truck mounted spreader just like s sander with some changes, it had blades back by the engine for slicing bags of ice melt that were pushed into by a conveyor,

Essentially load a pallet of material in your hopper, bags and all, machine slices a line of bags at time, when the bags are empty, pull them off these blades throw them in the trash.

Anyone recall seeing this piece of equipment? Is it still out there? I was hoping to find one.

Can't recall the name if it, I think it was Red.
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

It's called a buzz box, I have the one and only stainless production unit, there are about a dozen mild steel units out there that were manufactured before the company shut down due to health issues of the owner. Rock-it Corp still owns the patents, and there hasn't been any news in years on whether or not they'll start making them again or sell the patents. Here's another thread with pics: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=89182