1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader- Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawnboy30, Feb 8, 2011.

1. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Salt Spreader- 8 foot V- Box for sale. It is steel with 12" sides added to it. Heaping this makes for over 3-1/2 yards of salt. Brand new drag chain 1 month ago, brand new spinner chain. Brand new bearings for drag chain installed. 17.5 HP gas motor.

Salt Spreader is made by BOSS. Yes it is older but all important components are newly replaced. No Holes in the steel.

Asking price is $1,500 or best offer. I will take pictures tomorrow and post. PM with any questions or to schedule a time to see it. Being sold as is. Delivery can be aranged locally only. Thanks.

Boss Salt Spreader.jpg

IMG00509-20110205-1209.jpg

Boss Salt Spreader.jpg

IMG00509-20110205-1209.jpg

2. 79F350

79F350 Junior Member

Where in NJ are you?Does it have the incab controls?Does it have an electric start?What year is it?Can you send me some more pics? sideman68@yahoo.com
    Thanks,John

3. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Yes it has in cab controls and it is an electric start. I am in Northern NJ- approximately 20 minutes from Rockland County. It is worth the drive to see it. I am looking to sell it since we have outgrown it. It was 1 of 4 salters we use and we have ordered an 8 yard salt dogg to replace this. Come see it. Make me an offer and its yours. Great machine. Not sure of the year. I bought it used and replaced everything listed a few months ago. Runs strong and holds a lot of salt. Let me know if your interested.

4. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Salt Spreader is SOLD. Thanks

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Hope you like the salt dog have not heard too many good things about them, well the poly ones at least

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If its 8yd, it's not poly. The bigger ones are great. I know a guy that puts close to 50 ton through a 3yd stainless Buyers every event and has for the last 2 years.

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Thanks that is good to know my friend got that one this year I have not asked him about it yet though