1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slade, Nov 9, 2004.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

I got a question about my salt spreader. I t is a old henderson 8 ft. v-box. How do you know how tight to make the conveyor chain? It seems like everytime I use it(3 hrs) I can take out a little more slack. Thew chain is just a few years old. I guess I'm just wondering if this is normal that you can tighten it after every time you use it. Or am I just getting it to tight and making it wear prematurely. Any advice would be appreciated.
    BOSS are going to get any snow with this storm coming later this week. We are just going to get rain. I live just south of K.C.
    Slade

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you are correct. If you tighten a chain too tight then it will stretch and need to be re - adjusted. Try to adjust to get a 1/4 inche slack.

3. slade

slade Senior Member

thanks, I'll try that, I have been ajusting it tighter then that in the past.