1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader Prices

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by grasscutter07, Jan 8, 2008.

1. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I just got a quote from my mower dealer on a Snow Ex 1075 salt spreader he told me $1800 is that a good price no one else that I know of carries them around here is it a good spreader any suggestions?
  2. Enviouslawns

Enviouslawns Senior Member

I got a brand new 1075 about 3 months ago installed with a vib kit for 2120.00
  3. Enviouslawns

i love it for what i need its perfect holds about 300-350 pounds of salt just make sure you get the vib kit with it for rock salt and dont leave any salt in it after a storm
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

doesn't the 1075 hold like 700lbs..........my 575 holds 350#.....
  5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I might be able to sell you a lightly used one that works great, with a controller, harness, and swing mount for a good price. PM me if your interested. BTW it can hold about 700#'s. I usually put about 7 or 8 - 80# bags in and spreads fine without the vibrator kit..
  6. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

he asked if I wanted a pivot mount or receiver type what is he talking about
  7. PremierLand

from detroit

Receiver means it slides into your hitch, pivot means that you can swing it out to have full access to your truck bed and put your tailgate down. I have the pivot/swing type on mine.
  8. Enviouslawns

Ya it holds 700 or 750 tahts my bad i worded it wrong i meant to say i use 350 pounds in it for my lots.
  9. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Not a big deal.........
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The swing out mount requires holes to be drilled in the truck. The reciever just slides in your reciever hitch w/o drilling. I like the reciever better. I use turnbuckles to keep it from moving.
  11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

here is one for ya

Here is what you are looking for. It is in great shape and looks like a great deal.And it is in kentucky and you are in cincy. you guys are like neighbors...

12. Enviouslawns

I have the swing away on mine i think its great just open it and have the palletts loaded right in,

just make sure its empty when you open it.
  13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a new Western Pro Flow 2 for $2240 with the hitch mount and variable controller. You can spread bulk salt or sand/salt. You need 2 guys to put it on though.
  14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

A Snow Ex 1075! DON'T DO IT! I have a Sno Ex 1075 and don't care for it (I think it's apiece of junk) The original (digital) controller was a POS. Every time you shut off the unit it resets itself to "5" after starting on burst so, say you want to salt an entire lot on a particular setting you would have to figure out a way to run it continually. Or, you have to reset your speed every time you stop the spinner. Also the motor has no power-way too small for what it needs to do. I've put on a new "buyers control" and installed a brand new motor to no avail.
    We run bagged salt thru both of our tailgate spreaders and I always have problems w/ this one stalling.
    The other spreader I have is a "Buyers" (Meyers copy cat) and it eats almost everything-unless you have salt that is inconsistent in grain sizing. We've gotten stuff which had stuff the size of large marbles in it.
    The motor is alot bigger BUT the motor is on the outside -under- the unit and they will seize a motor every few years. So what you keep a $178 motor on the shelf as back-up-big deal. If you have more than one of these units, its relatively cheap insurance.
    I will say however that (like my Buyers) the 1075 do not have an issue w/ salt sticking in the spreader as long as your using bagged. If you run bulk, then you'll need a vibrator.
    I also run a Buyers Salt Dogg and am pleased w/ that too.
    Look around at other units. There are better(and cheaper) ones out there.
  15. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I just called a place here in town yesterday, they have the 575 for $1475 installed, or a 2yr old 575 installed for $875.
    Wish I had the money right now.
  16. PremierLand

from detroit

I wouldnt get the 575, thats alot of money for something so small, the 1075 can hold almost double a 575.
    But it all depends on the application I guess.
  17. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

What dealer did you try? Nice to see another cincinnatian!:waving:
  18. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

PremierLand Do you or anyone else on here have a used 80# vibrator for sale? Please let me know. Thanks
  19. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

For that kind of money you can find a used v-box that is in good condition on craiglist or ebay that you will eventually grow into anyways. 2000-2500 range