1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader mount help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by smoothbore2004, Nov 25, 2005.

1. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 Member
    from Indiana

hey guys has anyone fabricated or can suggest how to mount the 2000 series profile spreader on my truck. I have the swingaway mount now and dont want to drill into my new truck. The under bed mount will work but that runs about 600 bucks for all the stuff. Any other suggestions would help.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What about adding 2 receiver tubes to the outside ends of your trailer hitch and then using all 3 tubes to build a bracket off of to hold the spreader?
  3. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I have seen a speedcaster spreader that mounts into the trailer receiver and has two stabalizers leaning on the rear bumper. This looks to be a simple and effective set up that is secure without holes.

I just bought a speedcaster and plan on mounting it the same way.........I will post pics soon of the install

4. LawnzzzANDsnow

LawnzzzANDsnow Junior Member

Any photo's on mount need help.
  5. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I'll take some pics in the next day or two and post them.