1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt spreader for 1/2 ton pickup

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tonylillo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I am looking for an inexspensive salt spreader that I can attach the the hitch on the back of the pickup. Used unit would be ok to start with. i am in North NJ.

1st year plowing, do i need to salt my accounts if they do not ask for it or is it a given that it would be expected and figured into the price?

Thanks, Tony
  2. USA1

USA1 Junior Member
    from USA

Tony, call me.
    Dan 859-361-6426
  3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Salting is usually an extra service. Most residentials around here at least do not get salted. Its more a thing you do at commercials and maybe apartments or condos. I wouldnt go anything bigger than a SMALL tailgate spreader though. By the time you add the plow to the truck, put the salter on, put salt in the spreader and then a few bags in the bed (cuz 1 load aint gonna get you far), you are going to be pushing the amount of weight you can legally carry with that truck.