1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader Controlls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PINEISLAND1, Nov 11, 2001.

1. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I need a new controller for my Western tailgate unit. I was wondering if I bought the controller for the buyers tailgate unit if I could make it work on the Western. I have 4 wires coming out of the Western, two to the battery and two to the harness for the unit.

The buyers controll is about $80 cheaper, so I would like to make it work,

Anybody know more about this than me?

Thanks for any help.

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

What model western spreader? The only reason I ask, is i might have a controller for it.

Geoff

3. PINEISLAND1

Geoff-

Its the 100, or 1000.

Its the single stage one, but it had a variable controll.

4. GeoffD

Sorry, don't have one that will work.

Geoff

5. PINEISLAND1

Thanks anyway, geoff

6. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Electric spreaders are pretty simple. Basically you vary the voltage to the motor to adjust the speed. I am pretty sure that you could adapt the controls of one to another.

7. GeoffD

I think, I am not sure on this. But if you can find a switch rated for 50 or 55 amps. You should be able to turn the motor on and off with no problem.

Geoff

8. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

controls

i could possibly build you something to control your spreader but i need all the specs for your unit, it shouldn't be to complicated

9. PINEISLAND1

Finnegan-

I really appreciate the offer. I have been gone all week- thats why I didn't respond. I bought a used buyers controll from Dino to try, if I have any problems I'll let you know!

Thanks,