1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Spreader controller

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Dec 14, 2010.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I wired my salt spreader and attempted to test out my job. Well nothing! I tested the output on the controller and the blast setting produced 12 volts but the On setting did not give me 12 volts. Is there anything that goes wrong on the control boxes? Thanks in advance.
    Chris

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Hey there neighbor! What kinda spreader you talking about? I have had 1 buyer controller totally crap out and a couple problems with the display on others... they do go bad. There are more reliable universal one but I cant remember who makes them.

3. cbeard

cbeard Member

The spreader is a meyers mate. After I removed my head from my a... and tested the controller on the bench and everything worked. I suddenly remembered I did not have a switched power going to the controller. All is well. Used my spreader tonight and worked flawlessly.