1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt spreader controller mounting

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AccuCon, Oct 30, 2014.

1. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Im looking for thoughts/ideas on the best location to mount the controller. I have a few ideas but was wondering where you guys have yours mounted.

I have a F350 XLT and Im thinking about velcro to the fuse/knee panel under the steering wheel on the left side between the e-brake and e-brake release but just under the top of the panel (if that makes sense)

Also should I keep it away from any heater exhausts, as in dont mount it on the center hump...

Thoughts????

Thanks

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

They mounted mine in my center console, and made it look factory! I gave up all of ,my storage, but they made it look Nice!

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You really don't want that on the left side. You'll bump it every time you get In and out if your trk. Right side or on the center hump

4. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah not much room I have the up fitter switches and I use that center glove box a lot...

That's what I was worried about on the left...

Thanks

5. JustJeff

Here's a picture of mine. I didn't want to give up that storage area, but I had no other options because I definitely didn't want anything down by my knees where I would bang into it all the time.

20141030_120049.jpg

6. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Why must they be so ugly...I mean I know my trucks a work truck but its also my daily driver...And I kinda like it a little nice, even thought its full of tools and what not...But still!

I know :cry:

7. JustJeff

Agreed. But you've got to work with what they give you.

8. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Heres mine mounted in the storage compartment under the center seat. Out of site out of mind.

attachment.jpeg

9. JustJeff

I wish I (Or the guys that did the install for me) would have thought of that! I do like the convenience of all of the controls being right there by my right hand though.

10. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I realized I can Velcro it to my mid-lower glove box (not sure what this compartment is called but I use it a lot) with out any interference of the function of the compartment.

IMG_20141105_081849_230.jpg

I know need to vacuum the truck!

Thanks for the input guys Thumbs Up

IMG_20141105_081849_230.jpg