1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt spreader 1000

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plow3232, Dec 22, 2010.

1. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

how to take out the drive shaft in the western 1000 salt spreader. I have have take out every bolt that is there but i can't get it out.
  2. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

nobody knows? I had to cut the shaft and now trying to take out the auger. can someone give me some tips how to. I tried heating it and then hammering it down but it doesn't even move.
  3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

It is connected to the bottom bearing with 2 set screws as well. Did you get those? How old is it?
  4. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

here is a pic. so I can't take out the auger out of the shaft?. is there 2 blots in the bottom of the auger or shaft.

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like rust has helped hold too....
    Penetrating oil or heat......or both
  6. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

load it up with some wd40 and I use a torch to heat up between the auger spirals and once it is hot i used a broken punch so it was rounded no end and smaked it with a minisledge till it came completely off