1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt skirt back of truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kuttingedge, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Kuttingedge

Kuttingedge Junior Member

Any of you use anything to block the salt from getting to your truck?

2. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Mine has a piece of rubber (conveyor belt I think?) run across the width of the flatbed. I will see if I can figure out how to put up a picture. Could probably be made to work for a pickup I think.

3. Kuttingedge

I'm using a pice of rubber also that I screwed to the back of the spreader frame.
    Would be nice to have something a bit better......

4. Level12

Level12 Member

Same here. took a bedliner out of a truck we had taken the bed off of, just the rubber liner ones, and bolted it to our chute and it works pretty good. wish i had something better but not going to fix something that isnt broken when i have things that are broke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  5. Kuttingedge

Nice level 12! Ya that is similar to what i did with mine.
    There is always something better tho right....? Lol

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I use big truck mud flaps

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

We use a piece of rubber roofing.

8. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I will do that next year, but I'll stick mine under the salter itself (not just the chute) that will cover my my entire bumper as well. The weight of the salter will hold it in place.

9. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Next year I'm gonna use a piece of pond liner, same as rubber roofing. I think I'm gonna line the whole bed though.

10. kimber750

That's what we do, set the rubber up in the bed and set v box on top of it. Now may not be a good idea with flatbeds since rubber will cover lights but works great on pickups.

11. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Lights are overrated. Who needs them anyway. HaHa! Do you attach it to the bed rails at all?

12. kimber750

Not for the v box. Now tailgate spreader has a piece attached to a 2x4 that goes into the stake pockets. It goes covers the entire back of the truck.

13. Kuttingedge

Manufactures should really be including something to block the salt IMO