1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Shortage.. Where To Buy in Ontario or Northern USA??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by adamhumberview, Feb 2, 2014.

1. adamhumberview

adamhumberview Senior Member

Hey guys,

I am looking to purchase 2000+ ton of salt. I am a serious buyer. I have the ability to receive upto 350 -400 ton per day.

If anyone has any contact information for any suppliers, please let me know.

I have my own trucks to haul the material.

2. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

Chem labs havertown pa

3. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

You could try American Rock Salt in Mt, Morris NY. Not sure what they have on hand, but my supplier is still able to get me salt from them.

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

How? I heard they were only selling to municipal customers

Could you pass on the name of your supplier. I am out of salt and out of options besides sand/salt mix.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  5. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

oh ok, sorry I've never tried to buy from them direct. I am getting pallets of bagged rock salt through Tinkertown Supply in Alfred Station, NY up until at least last week they could still get it

6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Word on the street is that salt is now coming from Virginia by the rail car load.

7. melt all

melt all Member

We have an shipment of salt due to arrive next Thursday/Friday. Due to the high demand nationwide and in order to prevent the state from seizing it upon arrival we are pre-selling the salt. From what we can see on the market this is the only salt due to arrive in the U.S. in time to be useful.
    Funds must be transferred and cleared for tonnage requested no later than Tuesday Feb. 12th We were forced to pay for special loading terms and reconfigure the loading ports schedule to accommodate our vessel, we paid a premium for the vessel due to short notice and a premium for the salt.

Therefore the price of salt is $140.00/ton FOB & pre-payment. Our pile is located at the Port of Wilmington in Delaware in zip code 19801…….about 30 miles south of Philadelphia, PA. http://portofwilmington.com/ We only have 35,000/tons, we are getting requests from Canada and all over the U.S.
    We expect our tonnage to be depleted quickly, supply is limited and on a first come first serve basis.

We apologize for the high cost however in order to get the salt here within required time we had to secure positions so our vessel will arrive 2 weeks before all other salt shipments are due to arrive.

We have calcium and magnesium chloride pellets in super sacks $850.00/each sack contains approximately 2200lbs.
    Our solution to the high price bags....We have 1/ton super sacks of bulk salt with YPS (ANTI-CAKING AGENT) for $250.00/each. Since we are bagging undried salt the YPS is to try an prevent caking of the salt, should be ok if used within a 2week period.
    FOB Marcus Hook, PA 19061

Thank you for your understanding
    Joe Kelly
    610-497-9390
    calls only please