1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Shack Expansion

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BlackIrish, Nov 29, 2008.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Shack on LHS is full with about 70 ton of salt, needed more room so...........emailed coverall got no response. Got blocks and lumber and 3 farm boys. That nice empty corner was full of trailers, tires,shelving etc, time to build.

190.jpg

2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Very easy to place blocks w/shovel.

193.jpg

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Day 2, framing begins.

205.jpg

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

It must have been a pain in the a$$ to get those mud sills down and the leveling sills level. It's hard enough to do it on a concrete footing. Looks good so far. Keep teh pictures coming.

5. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Looking good Black,You don't have any salt storage for your downtown accounts.Is Uillet the one that does all your sub work.Do you know of anyone that would be intersted in some extra work to run my Hoe.

6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Sadly no downtown salt storage yet.
    Ullett supplies me w/ 5 pcs of equipment another guy supplies 4 pcs.
    I'll ask around for hoe operator.

7. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

That is too bad,got my list from Franick for salting should keep me busy for about six hrs so shoul ddo o.k. with it.I could use a guy just as a backup seeing as my main operator is still paving,hopefully be done by Friday,I can't wait til I am done work too.Even if it is a guy to drive my truck but has to be careful as my plow has those pro wings now.Thanks

8. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

nice cat i whant to see some after shots 2

9. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Day 3

Creative told me a big storm was coming Sun. night so we didn't work on the w/e. After staying up late counting raindrops and waiting for nothing, we got a late start today.
    See how cell phones have made life better........1 call = 2 not working.

002.jpg

10. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Looks good. What the height of the opening?

11. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good

12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

10 feet door

13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ya i always catch my workers behind the truck talking on their cell phones, i love how they hide from me.:yow!::realmad:

14. Oak Hills

Oak Hills Junior Member
    from mass

sweet cat...... lets see the finished pics

15. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you have more patience than i do id throw that phone in the dumpster. really hes there to work imo

16. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Are we really going to be that picky, as it seams like its not a 911 crisis if he is talking on the phone. After all, if you go by that theory toss the camera in the dumpster and get working.

Looks like a nice project!!! Hope it turns out the way you wanted!:drinkup:

17. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

And the beat goes on, good progress today, the whole thing is getting expensive but whatcha gonna do. :alien: Notice float can carry spare snow bucket.

003.jpg

18. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Hey Black is that grit already in that shed, guess you couldn't wait til it was built to try it out.

19. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

What does one of those fabric/steel shelters bolted right down on top of your concrete block run? It seem like it would be a lot less time and material. IMO
    check these out:www.northwestcoverall.com

20. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

mid ohio- it seems you missed his second sentence in the original post.
    "emailed coverall got no response"

I think a coverall was his first intention.... but when you need a shed, you can wait around for coverall to get back to you.