1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt/sand prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cat320, Nov 27, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I just ordered a load of sand /salt they are getting $27 a ton what are some prices around the reagion i'm in mass.

2. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

GOT MY 23 TON LOAD OF SALT FROM PORT NEWARK NEW JERSEY DELIVERED FOR $55.00 PER TON TODAY....ALL READY FOR WEDS. NIGHT.......

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats higher than what sand/salt is sold for in Maine.

When I bought it last year from a supply yard, I was paying 16 a yard with a discout. The average joe paid 22 a yard.

I can make a yard of sand/salt mix for around 10 a yard. 3 dollars for a yard of sand/ and 7 dollars for salt (Note & dollars is on the high side). Only ya always got to have a fudge factor.

Geoff

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Cat, I'm also in MA. and the price I was quoted from my supplier is $25 per ton delivered for sand/salt and $45 per ton for straight salt.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

JD Power what part of ma are you from and who did you get a price from for the salt I called hefferon in wilmington and they only sell the mix i wanted to get some staight salt to.

6. Bill c

Bill c PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ny

We mix our own,45 dollars per ton for salt,and eight dollars a ton for mason sand.We mix five tons sand to twenty tons salt.

7. Stephen

Stephen Member

last year we paid for our sand/salt mix by the yard
    $17-$21 and we can't by a yard of sand alone for less than $9 also got prices for mason sand @$9.50/ton and salted sand @ $14/ton both prices don't include delivery

8. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Cat, I'm in Somerville. The supplier is Bole(sp?)Equipment their # is 617-484-3036.

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

JD thanks for the info i only got a little to ty me over for this wed storm will call them for my next order.

10. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I just paid $32 a ton for 40% salt/60% sand mix. Good stuff, very coarse sand and enough salt to do some melting. I don't use much mix, none at all last year and only a little over 3 tons this time, most of which is still on the truck. Straight salt is $60 ton at the yard.