1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt/sand mix on long island ny

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RichieRich31, Oct 2, 2012.

1. RichieRich31

RichieRich31 Junior Member

does anyone know a good spot to buy, salt/sand mix in suffolk county, long island?

2. Birdturd9726

Birdturd9726 Junior Member

hey richie, where are you in suffolk? are you looking to subcontract?

3. RichieRich31

hey, bird.I am in kings park...near commack...huntington.And yes i am looking to sub.Thanks,

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Also on LI in smithtown. Mike at welmade in farmingdale has it. Coastal concrete in farmingdale has it. Delea in rocky point has it. Most nurseries sell it. Where are you jn suffolk.

5. RichieRich31

found some at all island mason supply, right by my house.20%salt mix, 2 tons for 123 bucks.

6. alldayrj

Not bad. How are they selling by the ton? They have a scale? Its usually all by the yard out here

7. RichieRich31

well they said by the ton, i fig they are a mason supply ...they should have a scale then...

8. RichieRich31

also do u know where i could get a new plow blade? its a fisher 7.6

9. alldayrj

rw truck in farmingdale is probably one of the biggest movers on LI. or craigslist. my personal favorite. what do you plow?

10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

im from kings park to, get my mix from powercrush right in town

11. alldayrj

Ahh powercrush. They are awesome

12. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

indeed, I was just there today to dump some grass and leafs haha. What do you do alldayjr? landscape?

13. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Omni Landscapes Supply Center is a Wholesale Supplier
    Their located in West Babylon, they will deliver

14. alldayrj

Concrete masonry and pavers. I dabble in landscape. Check the website rjfalcone.com. How about you?

Dumped 30 yds of bamboo at omni today too. Didn't know they sold it. Good to know.

15. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

nice! pavers are def. something I would love to get into. I just do lawn maintenance (weekly cutting, design, etc etc) and plowing for now. Its just me solo doing 35+ weekly accounts, cant find good help.. Might be looking to team up with a bigger outfit and become a foreman soon.. not to sure

16. alldayrj

What areas do you service? I just met with an irrigation contractor to exchange some cards and stuff but if we overlap i would like to pass work back and forth etc

17. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

that would be cool, I mostly do kings park, commack, smithtown and saint james.. I do foreclosed home for a realtor as far east as selden.