1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt sand building pics??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DugHD, Oct 11, 2006.

1. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I am planning on building a sand /salt building. Anyone have a pics , looking for ideas. Can be cheap or expensive , but would like to see some ideas. Thanks, doug

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a pic of mine.

PA140019.JPG

3. Big Dog D

Another with out the truck in it.

PC020001.JPG

4. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks, looks great! I think i will build one a little smaller 24x24 or something? I need to also seperate straight salt and salt/sand. Does that have a conrete foundation or wood?? doug

5. Big Dog D

I built the foundation out of pressure treated 6x8's and used asphalt for the floor. I keep two piles in there usually sand-mix which is 7-1 sand/salt and a salt-mix that is 4-1 salt/sand. I am afraid of the salt caking up so thats why i cut it with a bit if sand and it also helps to see where and how much you are spreading when there is snow on the ground.