1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt running through spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mustang, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

We picked up a snowex 8000 recently and am having a problem with salt running straight through the spreader as it is being loaded. Eventually it stops but only after leaving a pile under the spinner. Same thing happens after shutting the spreader off. I remember reading a thread that addressed this problem but can't find it. What is the fix for this? The baffle is the shorter one; would the longer baffle help? Tried calling trynex but was on hold for forever.

2. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

same problem with an 8500 ..... subscribed....

3. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Just got through to Trynex. Problem is the opti-flow kit has been installed with a shorter baffle. Previous owner must've been running sand through it. Trynex told me the original baffle was longer and needs to be reinstalled. Make sure you get the right one as they are model specific.

4. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

damn.... in my case its the factory baffle that came in it new..... no way they would ship it with the smaller one would they?

5. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Don't know. Call them. 800-725-8377 You want tech support. I was on hold for a good 10 minutes.

6. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

will do, thanks