1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SALT ROLL CALL!!!! How much u got????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Well its march already...looks clear for SE michigan for the next 2 weeks anyone worried about holding salt over the summer?!?!?!

All i have is about a 300 gallons of brine so im good.

how much do you have and of what???

2. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

im down to about 200lbs of salt and that will be gone tomorrow

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

est about 30 ton it be there next winter

4. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

i got about a yard left just in my hopper thats it

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I only got 3 bags(20kg-44lbs) All salt I bought last year on sale, I didnt have to buy this year. I should have just enough for this year.

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Two nights worth or 25 ton - was hoping to lose about 5 of that tonight but not.

We are so far behind last year it, I think I bought more salt before Christmas last season than I did all this year.

Salt prices really should drop for next year, here's hoping for that.

7. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

lets hope that would definatly be nice

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

Sitting on 50 ton right now. Not sure about what the salt company is going to do since I didn't come close to my quota.

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

yep siyying on 50 ton. shouldnt have gotten that last order but the weatherman said snow was coming that day! dum a$$es

10. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Barn will be full by the end of the week again, 450 tons.

11. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

About 20 tons. Could have got by with last years leftovers.Waste of $1700.

12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

prolly got 10 tons sitting in the container now. I have no problem letting it sit in there over summer as we lined the walls and floor with 3/4" ply. Only problem is getting it out to move the container back to our yard as its currently on site.

only used about 30 tons so far approx. projected use was 60 tons.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There's a month of winter left, any responsible contractor will have 3+ applications of salt on hand. It's safer to sit on salt then be caught with your pants down.

14. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

HOLY SALTSHAKER BATMAN :eek::dizzy:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

More than enough bulk and 6.5 pallets of Power Thaw. Screw snow give me 4" of ice, I'll burn it off:D

16. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

There will be so many guys not hitting their quota...what are they gonna do.... maybe they need us now that winter was a bust.
    Steve

17. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

About 100 tons of snow slicer. sitting on 4 sites, and 65 ton at my shop. Was hoping to burn through another 37 this weekend, but we couldn't get a full salt run, it kept breaking apart as it slid north. only used 8t. We will have the same problem of emptying containers that are way below projected usage, so far only 50 ton out of 110 projected on the site locations. and only 450 to my shop, down from 1500 last year. edit-Most likely salt company will try to get you to rollover same contract for next year if you are way below quota.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  18. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

WOOT, WOOT. Ive hit the big time show, as a responsible contractor. That is about what we have left. 3 to 3.5 storms. I hope we get it.

19. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

On the site im on.......We have aboot 200-300 Tonnes.....That should get us 2+ Apps...:drinkup:

20. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

For sure, Thats why you gotta have connections! Being good friends with one of the biggest salt distributers in the state (at least) comes in handy! I have approx. 300 gallons in my immediate vicinity. But have access to over 550 tons+ of rock and 30,000+ in liquid.

Im set!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012