1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt remover/protector

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by luky013, Feb 15, 2016.

1. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

What do you guys use to remove/wash the salt from the trucks? anyone familiar w salt away?
    Does anyone use or spray their trucks to protect them from salt? We use a diesel and oil mix to spray the trucks and equipment down everytime before and after we service but I am not sure it works very well. I have A LOT of $ in repair bills every year.
    I have heard of guys using wd-40, buying it in 50 gallon drums. What do you use?

2. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Fluid Film

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've been using salt away,not sure how effective it is but figure its better than nothing!

4. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

Yea, I have been thinking of using both salt away and fluid film. I was hoping to get some feed back on both products. Any feed back would be appreciated.

5. Casper1

Casper1 Member

I'm going to give Aqua Mix Sulfamic Acid Crystals a try. Supposedly the same active ingredient.

6. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

Never heard of it. Where do you find it?
    Let me know if it works for you

7. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I wash all my equipment with salt away once it dries I spray everything with fluid film. I buy Salt away in the 5 gallon tubs a lot cheaper that way.

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

9. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

Where can you buy salt away in 5 gallon tubs? I can only find it in 1 gallon.

10. luky013

luky013 Junior Member

Wow I never herd of this LPS 3, This is what I was looking for when I decided to post about this. the big secret everyone is using to clean and protect their trucks. Wonder if you can get this in 5 gallon size.

11. LapeerLandscape

LPS products have been around since 1961.

12. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I buy it direct from Salt Away

13. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

15. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

how much are u paying for a 5 gallon of it , just been buying the 1 gallon size? Shipping cost ? seen they are in California

16. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

We use salt-a-way and fluid film. Seems to work pretty good the only thing I wish I did was get the bigger bottle for the spray gun.

17. bt99yz125

bt99yz125 Junior Member

I think we order a 5gal jug direct from them and it was around $170 for 5gal and 2 spray guns

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Have you ever used it in bulk?

If so, how did you apply it?

19. LapeerLandscape

Personally I have used it in a spray bottle but I dont see why you couldnt use it in a hand pump lawn sprayer type if you needed that much. I have seen aerosol cans clog if not used regularly or spray it upside down to clear the line and tip after use. Years back in our auto parts store we stocked it in 1 gal and 5 gal containers. I should add I havent used it much lately but more back on the farm.

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

10-4, just wondered if it was as thick as FF.