1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt quote

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by calvarylandscap, Nov 15, 2011.

1. calvarylandscap

calvarylandscap Junior Member

hey everyone, im bidding on a lot that is 39,000 sq ft. how many 50lb bags of salt to do this lot. also how many hrs to plow. there is no obstructions just drop and spread. thanks everyone

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

why bag......bulk is cheaper?

3. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

acre an hour. your lot is just under an acre. take your hourly rate and u have it.

6-800 pounds salt an acre..... u do the math

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

spot on^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. calvarylandscap

Might be dumb for me to say this, i have no place to put bulk salt. How does everyone normally do it when you have a tailgate spreader? Thx for the reply.

6. calvarylandscap

Im charging $160 to salt and plow, is that about right?

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think you are about right on the money if it's as straight forward of a lot as you say.

8. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

pending on location. i would probably be looking at in my area 75 a drop to plow it and 90 bucks to salt it.