1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by readysnowplow, Dec 10, 2009.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

Okay somebody help me out here. I have a few accounts that I gave a flat price for plowing and salt included. (I regret that now). so I plow and I salt for one price. The problem is what if I have to come back to re salt? I mean like in a heavy storm the usual one application of salt won't work. What do you guys suggest to price accordingly for salt and for re-visits? Help!
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

When a client asks me if I charge for a second visit for whatever reason,I simply ask them ''Does your boss pay you for each day you show up or only some days?'' To answer the rest of your question,you'll have to be more specific.
  3. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Hey Ready,

I have a customer on the seacoast who I plow and salt for. They need the parking lot down to bare pavement by the open of business. When I have to re salt then I bill for each application. Customer doesn't even blink. In my case I got a thank you John for staying on top it. My advice would be, if you haven't already, bill accordingly for the extra ap, treat yourself and them fairly and you should have nothing to worry about.