1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt pricing

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SteveR, Feb 3, 2008.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Im just wondering what kind of money you guys get for salt and how you charge. I am having a tough time getting what I should for salt so I charge a separate fee for application. For example I get 88 bucks a ton and 45 to spread it on the lot, most of my lots take around a ton to a ton and a half so from $135-190 for a lot. Am I doing ok or am I right thinking it isnt enough. By the way not muck competition in the salt market here.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we usually charge whatever we need to.... typically we can gross $1000 on 2-4 ton of treated.....

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not getting involved in this one, I promised CET I wouldn't!:D

4. snowcan

snowcan Member

I don't think you are to far off....we pay $135.00 CDN. for a cubic yard of salt, and mark it up around 10%. We charge $65.00 per spread, so I would think you could bump it up a bit.

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Salt prices are on the rise. My supplier went up $20.00 a yard.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You have to fight that temptation!:drinkup:

7. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

We charge 140 to 160 to spread 1 ton.

8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I am in about the same price range.

9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I wish we could do it that cheap. I get approx. $6.50 per 1000 for normal temp. applications. This is based on the amount usually used, and of course, it varies for colder temps and thicker melt-offs.

10. WHITESLAWNCARE

WHITESLAWNCARE Junior Member
    from ny

Do u guys include doing the walks with calcium/etc for the prices u are stating, or is that extra.
    Just wondering. some companeys around my way wont touch the walksways.