1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt prices in PA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MB3, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

I have been looking for balk and bagged salt prices in eastern PA. I know that bagged is around $4.22 a bag, pre-ordered. I have not checked on the price for a ton of salt yet, they are still waiting for their delivery. Anyone else get any prices close to here. IF it is cheaper, I will gladly make the trip out to pick some up.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I know we're getting it for about $66 a ton, but they have a variable charge based on fuel. Bagged I think was 3.75

3. SGC08

SGC08 Member

Don't know where you're at exactly but the best I can find so far is about $85 per ton to my door for a tri-axle. rsvees - Is that price delivered or picking it up?

4. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Where was it or 3.75 a bag ?

Thanks

5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

We are 130 and you can't even get it..

6. lilweeds

Delivered, however we're only about 10 minutes from the huge pile in the middle of Reading. Weaver's Hardware early bird pricing is about $3.75. Not sure if you can still get it, i can't find my price sheet from them. We ordered a truck load of pallets at $3.66 or something like that as an early bird price, but that was direct from cargill.

7. SGC08

SGC08 Member

Let me guess, American Rock Salt?

That's one of the places I called. They are already committed so I can't get it from them but their loader operator said be bought some and would sell me a load for around 60-65 per ton. Once we tack on the trucking up here to the Poconos and tax, we're looking at cloe to $85 per ton which is about the same as another supplier we have.

8. lilweeds

U got it. They are actually part of Cargill somehow. I know a guy up near you that owns the old sand quarry in little gap if sand would help.

9. SGC08

SGC08 Member

We mostly use salt in parking lots and salt/anti-skid mix in the non-paved locations but I guess sand could work just as well. Which quarry? The one that is closed right over the covered bridge?

10. lilweeds

Yes that is the one I'm talking bout. I'll get some info for you. You would need a machine to load with. Oh and the guy at American doesn't buy any salt.... He sells some of it "off" the books!