1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Prices for Central New Jersey

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AA961JESTER, Dec 28, 2001.

1. AA961JESTER

AA961JESTER Junior Member

I cover the Middlesex county area and are looking for better prices for salt and calcium flake. I am currently paying 2.89/50lb of rock salt, and 18.00/50lb of calcium flake. I use tailgate spreaders so bulk is no good for me. I will buy pallets though.
  2. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Hey, I'm here in South Jersey, get my calcium from a couple different places, depending on how bad I need it, but $18.50 is way high, even Sears hardware sells the 50lbs. for $12.00. Chicks block in Vorhees sells it for Aprx. $10.00, a 50lb. That was last season, that is not even a pallet discount. If you want to give me a call or drop me an email feel free. If you are buying by the pallet it might make sense to drive a bit to save a lot. Theres a few different outfits in the area.
    Tim McGonigal
    Atco, NJ
  3. G.Williams

G.Williams Member

If you can buy a trailer load you can pick up Calcium chloride flake 50# @ $8.30/bag but you need to buy a complete trailer load.
  4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

If you are still looking for Salt and Calciulm give me an email and lets see what we can do for you. Briinnj@aol.com
  5. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:) hey guys, 2.89 for rock is as cheap as i seen for a long time, i get my calcium from lesco for 8.95 for a 50lb. bag.T