1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Prices Around Kansas City

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slade, Jan 26, 2007.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

Just curious what guys are charging to spread bulk salt around kc? I think I'm on the cheap side at $95 per ton with a $50 min. I am planning on raising my price next year.
  2. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

NE Pa.Salt Price

Prices vary all over the country but in NE PA the average is $185-210 spread per ton for salt.
  3. WinnEnterprises

WinnEnterprises Member
    from KCMO

What about ice melt, how much more do you guyscharge for icemelt (bagged) vs. the bulk salt?
  4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am in Iowa and am charging $200 per ton spread
  5. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Ice-melt rates

I don't use any other product except salt in lots.Ice-melt we do use on commercial side walks.The rate for that is 2.5 X the cost.If you need any help give a shout.

6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I'm in Topeka and I'm charging $150 per ton.
  7. slade

slade Senior Member

Thanks for the reply's. I definitely need to bump my price up next year. I was thinking maybe raise the price 5 to 10 dollars a year for a few years instead of trying to raise it a whole bunch in one year, afraid I might lose some customers if I did that. What do you guys think. What are you guys paying for your salt? I paid $35 per ton delivered this year.