1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt prices?? and where? NY

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by The Hammer, Sep 7, 2005.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Junior Member
    from NY

I am in Albany NY and am looking for salt anyone have prices yet. International Salt is getting pricey. I use 600-1000 tons a year and this year in may double

2. Adair 385

Adair 385 Junior Member

Salt location

American Rock Salt has a stock pile in Troy.

3. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Have you considered Magic? We can spray your pile and maybe hook you up with delivery of plain salt to spray. It will reduce your cost. We are here in the capital district.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Junior Member
    from NY

Majic is great but you ever tried Ice kicker, same idea but cheaper! and works great!

5. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

What is Ice Kicker?

Majic is not the same as Magic ! It is a Magic wannabe.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Junior Member
    from NY

Wannabe my azz! How much do you plow? when you do 1/4 of plowing I do you can talk to me again!!

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Thems are fightin' words...HIT HIM! :eek:

8. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

Hey Hammer,

I think you need to chill out!!

I asked what Ice Kicker was!! I have not heard of it!!

As for Majic, there is a product that is spelled that way that tries to copy Magic!

As for plowing, it's not how much you plow , but how long you have been plowing! For me it's only been about 20 years. How about you?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Junior Member
    from NY

Sorry thought you were busting my azz! when all I was looking for a cheaper place to by salt! I run about 40 pieces of equipment and been plowing since 1983 and not proud of it, its a tuff deal and I would rather be sleeping or down south! In another 10 years I sell everything and head south or west. As for Salt, Magic Salt is the best and Ice Kicker is a cheaper copy that works good. I have debated on being a distributor few the past few years cause liquid is going to be the wave of the future, Soon the EPA will make it mandatory that straight rock salt is to destructive to the environment. Now who has cheap salt and what type of price are you seeing I'm seeing :waving: about $49.00 a ton last year it was $41.00 and the year before $34.00

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Junior Member
    from NY

How much do you spray a ton for lets say 40 ton at a rip, and also do you go to Amsterdam?