1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt price

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowntm, Mar 6, 2014.

1. plowntm

plowntm Junior Member

What do you guys think? Will salt prices go back to normal next season, or will it be "supply and demand" pricing?

2. procut

procut Senior Member

I don't think it will be too awful bad - the salt market around here seems to have already loosened from where it was a month or so ago.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Locally, my supplier went from $108 a yard to $125 a yard (when available). I doubt mine will come back down much if at all. It will be like gasoline, crank the price waaaaaaaaaay up, then drop it a little so they seem like heroes, but it will still be far higher than necessary.

4. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

Local supplier was 220/ton last week, this week $140/ton. Read my lips, " I don't need your freakin salt, a**hole"

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

There was an ad up on Kijiji last week selling salt by the "skid steer bucket full". That was the description, no size. I know mine (6') holds upwards of a yard, but most I think are only 5'ers? Probably more like half a yard. Wanted $250 a scoop.

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Some clown had similar prices in my area on here. I called him out on it told him that's nothing but price gouging.

He said he's the only one that has salt yeah yeah we haven't had an issue getting salt all year