1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt pouring out of hopper.

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by qualitycut, Dec 15, 2012.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

When I dump salt in my 1875 it pours out as fast as you put it in there any ideas? Thanks
  2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

You need to get the Material Control Tube or make something similar.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did you or someone else take out the baffle covering the auger? If so the salt will just flow over the auger and out. I had problems with mine spreading sand, so I cut the baffle in half and added a stainless hinge.For sand applications you just fold the balffle in half.Thumbs Up
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

wet it .or mix with wet sand . it should coagulate then .
  5. mn-bob

mn-bob Senior Member

There is a baffle that is over the top of your auger to direct the material away from the opening so the auger can feed the spinner Is this a different 1875 then the one you had up for sale as i thought you had a picture with the baffle in it ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  6. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I sold it to a buddy we figured out that the baffle was to short after finding the spec that its supposed to be 18in we just screwed a 1 by on it till his new part comes in. Thanks