1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Pallet

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CK82, Dec 6, 2005.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Okay I have a spare wooden pallet that I put all my bagged salt on in the back of my truck bed, well I didnt buy a whole pallet at once, but instead buy bags kind of as on a needed basis, well the bags dont stay stacked unless there is a plastic wrap around the bags, as the full pallets come. At our local hardware supplier, "Menards" they had a device to wrap pallets, wondering if anyone had one of these or knew what i was talking about, I need to figure out something to keep the bags of salt stacked on the pallet without them falling off. I know its a weird question, sorry. Suggestions on what to do or where to buy something like
    the hardware supplier used?

Chris

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Would a giant role of saran wrap do the trick?

3. That would be alot of work everytime you buy bags. It would be alot easier just to put some plywood sides about 2ft high around the ends of the pallet. reinforce with a few 2x4's. Basically make a box:drinkup:

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The plywood is what I was thinking, too. But do you actually need them on a pallet?

5. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

The box idea would work I think, no they dont have to be on a pallet but either way if you stack the bags three or more high there going to slide all over the back of the pickup

6. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Junior Member

They sell that plastic in a roll at your local hardware store. I know menards has it... home depot probally has it too... I use the stuff all the time..... just wrap the pallet... probally 8-12 dollars for a large roll. The roll is probally 2 feet wide... I use it for all kinds of stuff. The roll lasts forever....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  7. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Buy a couple of cargo ratchet straps. Run them through the pallet and over the top. If you alternate the stacking, it will hold them just fine.