1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt or Not?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ptm, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ptm

ptm Junior Member

I'm doing commercial snowplowing for condominium complexes. In my contract it says that I'm responsible for removing snow and salting if the snowfall exceeds 2''. Should I do some salt if I know that it's going to be really cold this night and everything is going to freeze overnight but the snowfall is slightly over one inch?
  2. higgs2ca

higgs2ca Member

Pre-salting always makes plowing alot easier, and if you don't hit your 2in trigger it will help keep the condo's clean.
  3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I would tend to think so........ the ice is more dangerous than the snow by far in most cases.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you take it for a season price, or per storm / as needed. If on season, the answer is yes. If not, the answer is probably still yes, but will you get paid? Doing a good quality job, especially early in the season, gets you repeat accounts.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would salt to make them happy and provide easier work for you.