1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt or mag by pallet

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rfed32, Dec 11, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i need to get salt or mag and i want to get a palet deliverd to my shop...im located in hatboro pa and wanted to know if anyone knew where i could get some??any hel would be great thnak a lot...im thinkin 50lb bags seeing that i have a small tailgate spreader that i jst picked up...help me please lol dont wanna spend a lot of money at the homedepot this year on i tlol

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Why would you pay to have it delivered?????Go pick it up yourself,there are only 49 bags in a pallet.Home depot has huge bying power and has pretty good prices.If you have a tax number you don't have to pay tax and I believe they give a small discount on a full pallet purchase.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Home Depot is by far the cheapest here in Michigan for salt. $2.98 a 50# bag. Rent their truck for 1 hr and have them load it for you. Then all you have to do is unload it when you get back to the shop.

Regards Mike

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Lesco, if you've got one around.

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Our Home Depots here in Flint won't even come close to 2.98 per bag. They get 3.98, here. I just called, though. I found out that they will meet and BEAT anyone's local prices by 10%. I'm going to do some math, here, and see what I come up with. Right now, my supplier gets gets 3.90 per 50# bag, for 1-16 bags.
    3.80 for 16-48 bags, and 176.40 (3.60 per bag for pallet).
    We use 80# bags that we get for $4.30 per bag ($129.00 per pallet).
    I'll do some numbers and see if I can save AND use 50# bags.
    Nope... It is still $3.24 per 50# bag.

6. sunriseturf

sunriseturf Member

Call Allied Landscape & Supply. 215.643.9857 They will hook you up. Prices are better than depot when you buy by the pallet. Good luck

7. plowrat

plowrat Junior Member

Where are they located? In Flourtown?

8. sunriseturf

sunriseturf Member

In Dresher PA.......They are at the corner of susquehanna and limekiln pike. You can see their yard off the turnpike heading from fort washington to willow grove. They have every kind of deicer you can get ......bulk salt, bagged, mag flake and pellets, calcium flake and pellets. They are an ep henry dealer as well.

9. plowrat

plowrat Junior Member

Thanks Jim.

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Home Depot (Secaucus, NJ) and Loews (North Bergen, NJ) are getting $4.98 per 50lb bag! :angry:

11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I know this doesn't help right now, but for next year.....

Go to Lesco, or wherever they sell pallets of ice melt around the end of your plowing season.

For me, it's around late March to mid April.

You can make some serious deals on pallets of ice melt, and as long as you keep them dry, they're good to go for the following year.

12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Susquehanna!!!??? My BROTHER worked for the Susquehanna Hat Company!!! :realmad: