1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt on Modern Marvels tonight at 7

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Camden, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

If you get the chance to watch Modern Marvels tonight on the History Channel the topic is Salt. I caught the episode a couple nights ago and it was great.

Tune in if you have the chance...

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the heads up, i'm going to tune in while i fall asleep with dreams of snowplowing dancing in my head.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I saw it a few nights ago also. Pretty neat. I liked when the guy blew up the beakers in the lab

4. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

It was kind of interesting to see how the solar salt was made. That seems like a lot of work/time. WOW.

5. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

One other thing. Did you notice they "snow plow professional" say the correct application rate was 250 pounds per acre? First of all the amount they showed them spreading was WAY more than that, and second I have found 750 pounds per acre does the trick. Anyone agree?

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I average about 600 lbs per acre, unless I am trying to melt some snow off as well, then I maight bump it up to closer to the 750 an acre.

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I had every intention of watching....I made it as far as when the guy blows up the beakers, then fell asleep, been a long few days here, and thats not going to change, only get worse

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

man...............I wish i saw that

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Me too.............

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i have it DVRed...

11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sweet can i come over and watch it.

12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sure, we can drink some of the beers that PJ sent me......

13. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Is there a way you can calabrate accuarately what you are putting down, or are you guys going back and actually figurng out how many acres you did and dividing the material into that?