1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt nuetralizers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tlcmetrokc, Dec 24, 2012.

1. tlcmetrokc

tlcmetrokc Junior Member
    from midwest

I am looking for what everyone is doing to battle the salt corrosion on their equipment, i myself am getting tired of replacing hydraulic hoses down in the bowels of my track loader. i keep hearing of liquids we can spray in there and rince out that actually nuetralizes the salt, any good solid ideas? lots of imitations out there and you guys know we dont have alot of time to prep our gear before the next event.

2. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

4. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I have seen guys talk about putting that foam isulating hose around them...you know the gray hose that has the slit in it...dont know its technical name..thats what I plan to put on my plow hoses.
  5. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

You mean pipe insulation? I imagine that would just trap in salt water and make things way worse.
  6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict