1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Nin is in with Dome.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by forestfireguy, Nov 13, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

After pouring a wall extension and mounting feet earlier in the week we had a man lift to to decorate the office and got the rest of the dome up. We're very happy, though it could have gone up more quickly. We are thinking of putting some plywood across the top of the bin wall, up four feet, some of our guys really like to stack things up, and I can see the trouble already

Salt Dome.jpg
  2. forestfireguy

Not sure what a NIN is, shoould have said Bin.........
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Lol that's funny! The picture says it all. :blush2:
  4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You are correct sir ~ It shoould have been...shoouldn't it.:rolleyes:

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Is that a dirt pulverizer to left of the Nin I mean Bin.
  6. forestfireguy

SNOWLORD, that is a screener, it's so diffucult to dispose of fill here that it's easier and more cost effective for us to screen it, mix in compost, screen it again and have low grade topsoil, not for sale, but we use plenty. Mostly for building berms to be planted with arbs,pines, etc, our service area is pretty tightly spaced residential and berms are popular for privacy screen plantings. We try not to use this soil for turf areas.

And as to my poor tying skills, it was a LOOOOOONNGGGG day........
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good man....your yard also looks nice and clean.....i think that speaks volumes for ones company
  8. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

mind me asking where you got that cover-all and how much you paid for it? looks really good
  9. forestfireguy

It's from Farm Teck(Tek maybe) I don't remember. But it cost about 4200 with the back wall kit.

Thanks, we do try, but it's not easy, the sprinkler head you see in the foreground is one of several for dust control, when it's dry and things are moving around the yard it's a real dust bowl.......
  10. forestfireguy

I was building a remote bin last week about 30 miles from my shop and bought mafia block from a source very close to the site, first time I ever had blocks without loops on top, anyone else seen this?
  11. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Anybody looking for a dome, check my posting in the for sale section, it would be worth the drive for somebody looking for one!
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Hee hee hee.

You shoouldn't worry about such minor details, it causes to mulch stress.