1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt/mix question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CCL LLC, Oct 10, 2013.

1. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

I have two commercial accounts next to each other one requires sand and salt and the other just salt ( he said he wouldnt mind alittle sand, storage units he is trying to keep clean ). Has anyone tried loading 1 yard of salt and then the remainder sand salt mix? I know some sand will mix in but I didnt know if it was worth a shot

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

In my V box, the salt unloads mainly from the front of the box first (80 % front)

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you would have to much success doing that. You would need to load the sand/salt first and right at the back and then the salt at the front. Every V box I've had empties from the front first except the auger one and it empties the back first.

4. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

I have tried it, put salt more to the front and sand on top, didnt work too well the salt will come out first but the sand just gets mixed in after the first five minutes.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Load up with salt, when done with the first account, throw a 50# bag of sand with the rest of the salt. He isn't saying how much sand\salt, right?

Or educate him on how worthless sand\salt mix really is.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's the best idea. :drinkup: